19th Century Bank Building
Built in 1907, the Bank Building is a neo-classical building with beaux-arts touches. It had been closed as a bank in its proper use, but was still servicing ATM machines in the front of the building. The bank was repurposed into 11-condo units. The bank was the start of the gentrification of the Meat-Packing District. Prior to the development of the Bank Building, the Meat-Packing areas as it is now known, was used for meat. It is now the most developed and stylish area of New York City - includes the new Whitney Museum and the famous High Line.
Scope of work: Entire building was gutted, leaving the two exterior landmarked facades in place. It was then developed into 11 condominiums. The lower level was developed into a commercial space.